AWS believe that we have a responsibility to care for and to protect the environment in which we operate. We are fully committed to improving environmental performance across all of our business activities, and will encourage our business partners and members of the wider community to join us in this effort.
AWS recognizes our key impacts to be in the areas of:
- energy use
- waste generation
- emissions to air/water
- water use
We will strive as far as is reasonably practical to:
- Adopt the highest environmental standards in all areas of operation, meeting and exceeding all relevant legislative and other requirements.
- Assess our organizational activities and identify areas where we can minimize impacts.
- Minimize waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy.
- Purchase sustainable products wherever feasible [e.g. recycled, low environmental impact products].
- Train employees in good environmental practice and encourage employee involvement in environmental action.
- Reduce risks from environmental, health or safety hazards for employees and others in the vicinity of our operations.
- Adopt an environmentally sound transport strategy.
- Aim to include environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions where appropriate.
- Assist in developing solutions to environmental problems.
- Continually improve our management system and assess the environmental impacts of all our operations.
AWS have developed a series of action plans to supplement each of our environmental policy objectives.
AWS will periodically review performance and report these results as required.